The Network page on the Canadian Library Association website is located here. To get added to the Community-Led Library Service Network email list contact email@example.com. The Network is open to both CLA members and non-members, and there is no cost to join.
Interested in posting something on the Community-Led Library Service Network blog? Send your post to Network Moderator Sara Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org. The views of each blogger are their own personal opinions and do not necessarily represent the views of the CLA network.
Follow us on Twitter! @CommunityLedCLA
Terms of Reference & Plan of Activities (2011)
Terms of Reference:
- Act as a national forum where library workers can exchange ideas and learn from one another and/or from experts in community-led library service.
- Support and promote community-led library service initiatives.
- Promote interest in community-led library service among graduate library and technician program students
- Facilitate conference sessions and training opportunities related to community-led library service
- Facilitate opportunities for sharing and developing best practices in implementing and evaluating community-led library service
- Collaborate with other members, committees, networks, and the Executive of the Canadian Library Association /Association canadienne des bibliothèques.
Plan of activities:
- Establish electronic communication (e.g. blog or list serve) with network members and other members of CLA.
- Develop mechanism for electronically sharing resource materials, including: training materials, conference presentations and community presentations
- Respond to requests for information from the CLA Executive.
Network email: email@example.com
Network Moderator (2014-15):
Community Engagement Manager, Halifax Public Libraries